Tuesday, 2 August 2011
Andrew McDougall at the Syz & Co European Championships. Photo courtesy of Loris von Siebenthal
In the last two years that we've been immersed in the Mach2 Moth project we've built up a strong knowledge of the product and this 2.1 upgrade comes as a result of Andrew's work in addressing the areas that we have felt we've been able to make an improvement to.
Here are the list of upgrades:
- Front foil mould reset to get a perfect transition from foil to flap, which means less drag.
- Hydrofoil laminate beefed up to improve strength of the already strong Mach2 foils
- Finer alignment of pushrod to flap to reduce flap mechanism friction
- Low friction control rod tube in main vertical foil
- 1st and 2nd gear options on bell crank axle position
- Laminate changes to both verticals to make them even stronger
- Lighter and stronger gantry
- Stronger hull, same or less weight than Mach2.0
- Hulls now comes with bungs and breather tubes
- Stronger vang rope
- Stronger wing tubes, same or less weight than Mach2.0
- Masts made stronger at the base
- Mast foot and pin redesigned to reduce stress on mast and prevent mast foot failure
- Mast stump now locates more accurately and stump tube is stronger
- Rear wing tubes locate more accurately and are stronger
- New more adjustable wand mechanism. Stiffer with greater durability
- Custom hull colours available
The Mach2.1 is available now!