Friday 14 August 2009

Out..

Today was a horrow show, on only one leg I sailed and sailed badly. Each race I capsized three time plus just tacking. Crossing the line in the second race I was white and physically sick with the pain. I started the third race but had to sail in at the windward mark. I was taken to the hospital in Hood River. I had X Rays and other tests. The doctor replicated tacking and hiking. I screamed.

I now have a splint from ankle to thigh. Fuck. I hadnt planned on it ending like this.

10 comments:

michael airey said...

si sorry to hear this news. bora is flyying the flag high for you though.

Michael A

Phil Stevenson said...

Simon, Do not let them tell you this is a young person's game. Well done old fella.
Phil S

Anonymous said...

So sorry to read that. Hugs. X

tillerman said...

Sorry to hear off your problems. Best wishes for a speedy recovery and a great comeback in the next Worlds.

Anonymous said...

Damn. Unlucky.
Hope you get back OK.
cheers
Tim

Anonymous said...

Well you went out in f---ing style!! Hope the pain isn't too bad, get well soon, Teena :-)

Anonymous said...

Just came home from our holiday and curious about the WCS.... This is shit Simon! Too, too bad.
Do take care!
Patrice

Anonymous said...

mucho sadness in my house as we've following your progress avidly via your blog. What a nightmare.
Best wishes RodB

Alison said...

This post absolutely breaks my heart. You looked fabulous when I watched the practices races and first two races over the weekend. As I echo others, I hope you have a fast recovery and kick everyone's asses in next year's Worlds!

Johannes Prison said...

So sorry to hear this. This is really shitty news! You where flying the flag high for us Europeans. Get well soon.